Friday, July 20, 2012

Service With A Smile

So yesterday was my 21st birthday! Yay. Now I can officially gamble, drink and do all the things I don't do. Haha. It was a great day, my mom and I went shopping, and then last night I went to The Dark Knight Rises premiere with my brothers and my bff Mikelle :)

So lately I have been looking for ways to prepare myself more for serving a mission. I am taking mission prep as well as doing my fair share of reading. I figured I should start preparing myself now for the amount of reading I will be doing on the mission. My brother just put his mission papers in and shared this book with me which I just finished...
It was a quick read, but an interesting one. One of the main things the author suggested doing to prepare was serving. This has also been a theme in my mission prep class. Why didn't I think of this before? The term is "serving a mission" so why not do more service? The book especially talked about being an example first through service, people are more apt to listen to you if they trust you and you have a good relationship with them. A good way of doing this is serving them.

So, I am hoping to put this new-found knowledge into action and serve more. I am excited to be able to help those around me! :) Talk to ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment